Hello, here's me!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

CUP DAY




Notable things that happened on Tuesday November 7th (in no particular order):
1. drank champagne at 10:30am
2. got told off twice (by 2 different people)
3. Cried once.

I bet you’re wondering what on earth happened!.
Hmmm I think I’ve built this story up to be far more interesting than really is!....oh well you’ve been warned, it’s all downhill from here.
As previously mentioned I decided not to go to the Melbourne Cup, but I wanted to get into the spirit (and wear my ridiculously expensive fascinator again) so I attended my friends Melbourne Cup champagne breakfast (actually I think this girl was just using the cup as an excuse to drink champagne before lunch). I felt a little like Patsy and Eddie from Ab Fab but it was fun. At 2pm we headed into the city to watch the main race in Federation Square. Please admire my first picture above as I got into trouble from a cranky lady behind me for standing up too long while taking the picture and told to please sit down!. Fed Square was pretty good, lots of people attended so the atmosphere was lively. We would have hung around as some bands were about to start but the temperature was too cold so we left. We were also virtually the only people wearing dresses, slight misunderstanding there!, everyone else was properly attired in coats, scarves and long pants, wussy Melbournites. Typical Melbourne weather situation, prediction: partly cloudy and 19 degrees. Reality: very cloudy, occasionally rainy, windy and 15 degrees.

At 7:30 we headed off to watch Lano & Woodley at the Regent Theatre. I’m not even going to attempt to give you a run-down of the show as I can’t even re-tell a funny joke without stuffing it up. So I’ll just say it was hilarious, I laughed so much I cried and it’s sad that they won’t be performing together anymore. Please admire my second photo as I got into trouble from the usher after taking it (hence it’s all blurry and I have no actual pictures of Lano & Woodley, geez you can’t take a bloody picture anywhere anymore). The Regent Theatre is absolutely gorgeous, it’s smaller than I expected and very elegant, I loved it, it has a lot of character (see blurry third illegal photo, ha ha usher lady you didn’t catch me that time!)
The end.

3 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it with you going to the last show's of people?? First Faning then Lano and Woodly!!
Sounds like you enjoyed the Cup season.

KG

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Bertie Mabootoo said...

Totally awesome story!!!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Bertie Mabootoo said...

Since that last comment sounded like the screech of a crazy person, let me clarify:

I love the way you built up tension, delivered comedy without skimping on the details, and made me relieved that it was tears of laughter.

Just excellent storytelling :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home