Hello, here's me!

Saturday, November 04, 2006

12.50


Apparently if you are living in Melbourne ‘you simply must go to the spring racing carnival darling’ (imagine me saying that in a posh British accent!). I think they meant the Melbourne cup but I’ve heard it’s over-crowded and over-rated so I decided to attend the Cox Plate instead. I don my frock and fascinator…and a cardigan since the weather has turned wintry (with a wind chill factor reminiscent of Canberra) and off I go.
Its fun to dress up and attend social events with friends, the atmosphere is fantastic. The food is not so fantastic; I ate chips and a hotdog only because I was hungry and needed it to soak up the alcohol. The highlight however was the actual racing. The horses are just gorgeous.
Now I don’t necessarily agree with the concept of horse racing, I think a lot of dodgy stuff goes on and I’m also not a huge fan of gambling but on this 1 day I decided to join in with the spirit of the event. I asked my resident racing expert (my grandmother) for some tips, she gave me 6, the first 3 horses were having a relaxing stroll somewhere near the back. Just as I was beginning to question my source, the next horse came third and we won all our money back. I tried to take a picture, I think the Queen might have been standing in front of me, her royal wave ruined my shot!.
On the final race our horse won, yay, by the end we had won $12.50 each overall, not a bad result and lots of fun.

1 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em, post a pic of you with your Ab-Fab, spiffy fascinator on!!!
After all your raving on about it, i now really wanna see it, with your whole ensemble!! :-)

xoxox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home