All or nothing
After having my confidence ripped to shreds on Friday by a disappointing makeover, I was understandably back to being contemplative on Monday. I don’t know why these things occur to me but I realised at approximately 9:48pm that I’m the type of person who thinks that if you can’t have everything you want now then there is no point in having anything. I guess I’ve been expecting to wake up one day and everything I want will arrive and I’ll be content. What am I, 5 years old?. Life isn’t Christmas and Santa isn’t going to bring me what I want one morning in a gift wrapped box because I’ve been a good girl. If I want something I’m going to have to move towards it. I’ve been imagining the life I want and getting fixated on the parts I can’t have instead of trying to acquire the parts I can. I want to buy a house with solar power in a suburb with trees everywhere, a garden with flowers and a short walk from a friendly café. I want to cook, have friends over for dinner parties, have a vegetable garden, get back into craft, do yoga, have chooks and a cat. Apart from the house and pet problem I realised that I can start to achieve some of those things now. I can’t acquire them immediately and all at once but I can work towards them.
So first on the list, this weekend I’m starting a vegie garden and I’m making one of my favourite meals, vegetarian lasagne.

1 Comments:
I think it's OK to wait for Santa to bring the smaller things, but the really important ones always seem to require work (dammit!).
When saving for my house, every time I made a choice to not buy some luxury item (difficult when I suddenly had public service level cash coming in), I was able to feel I'd made another small step towards my goal. I was able to keep milking that goal for about 8 years, which might be why I feel a bit aimless now. Saving (aka being cheap) is something I'm actually good at, but I've been trying to think about the less monetized things in the world and value them more. which means $ savings aren't as meaningful.
Better stop before I reach Jo level comment length...
Post a Comment
<< Home