Hello, here's me!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Foreign lands

On Friday I ventured into enemy territory and actually voluntarily presented myself at a cosmetics counter in Myers. No I wasn’t momentarily dazed by and disoriented from the perfume fumes, bright lights and mirrors, I succumbed to girly peer pressure and agreed to participate in a makeover and photo shoot! (it was a promotional thing for a magazine, they superimposed your head onto the cover!). Ok I admit I was intrigued and wanted to learn more about the whole baffling process plus I also agreed to go out to a fancy bar afterwards and I wanted to look super glamorous!. I was hoping the procedure would be undertaken in a screened-off area, however I found myself perched on a stool virtually in the aisle in the middle of the cosmetics department. With a large number of nosy passers by having a good stare as my artist J plastered on more make-up than a vain 16 year old would wear in a month (ok maybe a week). And this is why I hate having my picture taken, the camera always lies, it makes me look either stoned and/or ill. After posing in the most ridiculous ways imaginable (also in plain view of the public) I looked like I wasn’t wearing any make-up at all (well that was worth it!) and they didn’t even airbrush out my crows feet. I was on the verge of throwing a tanty worth of Nomes Campbell (I’m with you girlfriend!) before I was marched off the next activity.
Btw the bar was ok, expensive snacks, very smoky and extremely crowded. I almost wore my drink getting from the bar to the seat and kept getting elbowed by an annoying Frenchman.
And no you will never get to see the photo, its going with me to the grave…..

2 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

Hey cover girl, I'd like to see that photo, only cause I can't believe it could be nearly that bad. And if so, it must have been a pretty crap makeup artist and/or photographer. Sigh. I hate they way these things get to us. It took a long time for me to stop anticipating a new me (a new face?) when I come home from the hairdresser!

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Bertie Mabootoo said...

Thank you for reminding me why being bald, greying, unshaven (and a guy) are good things.

You may see me on the cover of "Old before their time weekly" or "Obviously doesn't care how he looks annual" but modelling is nice and clearly out of my reach :)

To be honest, I don't like makeup on anyone anyway. It's so rarely done well, that I think it detracts from a person's attractiveness rather than enhances it. Maybe that's just me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home