Around the world in 45 minutes
I'm getting into a routine on Saturdays, I get up, go for a 35 minute run around the nearby lake (yes I have ditched the running group, not much fun when you are about 50 times worse then the others and it was reeeeaaaly early!). After some breaky I head off to the local markets, I absolutely love these markets, they are vibrant, full of people (if you hate crowds you will hate these markets!), full of food from every country and delicious smells.
I firstly go to the coffee place (a tiny shop tucked away in a corner) and get my takeaway latte (while eyeing off some delicious cakes and pastries) then I wander around the shops, amazed and thrilled by the sheer variety of food on offer, hundreds of different types of cheese, olives, fresh pasta, bread, European cakes, Asian food, nuts, wine plus many more. I love the different groups of families and older men sitting around, eating, drinking coffee and talking with animated hand gestures.
I make my way to the fruit and vegie section and stock up for the week.
Last week I heard a man encouraging people to visit his stall in Italian, then switching over to Vietnamese (he had apparently learnt a few words from the owners of the stall next door!).
I finish my tour in the meat and fish section, I'm always shocked at the weird parts of the animal that people buy, I guess its good that nothing is wasted, but I think I'll pass!.
All I need now is the granny trolley with the tartan bag (for those not familiar with Melbourne I'll provide a picture because it's a bit hard to explain!) and I'll fit right in...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home