The rebellious boring person
Once upon a time if you said to your parents, “mum, dad I’m going to work in a low paying job, live in a share-house with 5 other people, travel to exotic and dangerous parts of the world and be happily single”, they would have been appalled and given you a serious talking to!.
Today your parents and peers are disappointed if you haven’t tried one if not all of the things above. You can’t go to a social gathering without hearing stories about what weird things I ate in India, my year in London, my gross housemate tales and all the crap jobs I’ve had. Even parents are perpetuating this new trend, they all get together and try to out-do each other with stories about all the crazy stuff there kids have got up to. My parents have the impossible job of trying to make the ABS Census sound exciting, good luck with that mum!
Well you know what, I was never cool in school and I have no desire to be cool now.
I’ve never rebelled in my life but I’m starting now! I don’t want to travel to Tunisia, I don’t want to live in London, I don’t want to live in a share-house, I don’t want a crappy low paid job and I’m a slightly discontented single person, shock horror!.
I love to travel and see different places but I also love being at home, I love my friends and I like to talk to them about what they have been up to and how they are doing and not how much partying I did in London or what my annoying house-mate did. Perhaps I’m a boring introvert with issues but I really don’t mind. Not everyone is the same and we don’t all have to do the same things.
Bring on Friday nights in front of the TV and a job in the public service ;-)

2 Comments:
Amen, sister!
The share house with 5 other people sounds like the VERY WORST kind of excitement to me.
I don't think my life is boring at all, but sometimes I find it hard to explain that to others.
Post a Comment
<< Home