Hello, here's me!

Saturday, February 17, 2007

It’s all ok



I’m back!, sort of, I haven’t blogged in ages, mainly because I haven’t been inspired with a story and also because I’ve spent a awful amount of time attached to my work computer over the last 2 weeks. I haven’t been able to face my laptop at home.
I’m writing this now because I was inspired by a conversation with my very good friend SO and also because I’m watching a movie, Moonstruck which I love and which reminds me of another very good friend OS who I know is concerned about my lack of blogging.
So if my writing is all over the place it’s probably because I’m only half paying attention, well that’s my excuse anyway.
I’m not going to rehash everything I’ve done over the last 3 weeks, I’m sure it will put you all to sleep. However I will mention a few highlights, The Killers concert, in particular the song ‘Mr Brightside’, a visit from my cousin and some good bonding time with her, my trip to Apollo Bay with some fantastic friends and a solo and fun trip to the basketball last Saturday.
I also survived another Valentines Day as a single person without too many bitter thoughts and comments. I went out to dinner and drinks with another single friend, we have decided to claim Valentines Day for ourselves, looking around us it seemed that groups out-numbered couples anyway, we didn’t feel like we were missing out of anything.
Speaking of relationships, my roller-coaster almost-relationship is still causing me some anguish and sleepless nights but I’m ok with this as well, I figure it’s a learning experience and its life, sometimes you’ve got to put up with some bad stuff to appreciate the good stuff, I haven’t given up yet and I don’t regret anything.
I was able to take some of my personal and work frustrations out on the squash court on Thursday night, I won and lost and afterwards I felt much better….the next day I was in pain from using some muscles that hadn’t had a workout in some time, but this was good too.
Speaking of exercise, this weekend I will also be shuffling around the lake in an attempt at getting a small amount of fitness so I don’t embarrass myself at this fun run in March.

I will finish this blog with a lovely quote I read today in a book:
Always remember: At the end of our lives the question should be not what we’ve done, but how well we’ve loved.

And some pictures I took with my phone (cause I forgot my camera!)

3 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, Blogger Bertie Mabootoo said...

Welcome back! And those are great photos :)

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

My. Favourite. Movie. Ever.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

PS excellent phone cam photos! wow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home