Road Trip
Above are some pics from my road trip to the Mornington Peninsula last Monday.
I decided that I couldn’t waste another weekend here in Victoria; I had to do something touristy. So for some reason I decided on the Peninsula. I contemplated doing the trip on my own but when I told some work colleagues about my plan they decided to join me. So on public holiday Monday off we went…..well not straight away we went to pick up a friend on the way. She had injured herself playing soccer with her husband and son the day before so she couldn’t come with us but we stayed and had coffee and authentic Brazilian cheese puffs for breakfast, yum!.
By 11am we finally got going.
We had a good mix of people for this road trip; we had the driver (moi), the navigator, David, who was a local Melbournian and the conversation filler, Alan who talked almost the entire trip…in a good way.
We took pictures of the colourful change boxes at Rosebud, we ate lunch at the popular and picturesque Portsea Hotel (I had a poached salmon caesar salad, see above, yum), admired the large mansions in Sorrento, visited Arthur’s Seat and took some pictures of a sandcastle display from over the fence as we thought $9.50 was a steep entry fee!
I decided that I couldn’t waste another weekend here in Victoria; I had to do something touristy. So for some reason I decided on the Peninsula. I contemplated doing the trip on my own but when I told some work colleagues about my plan they decided to join me. So on public holiday Monday off we went…..well not straight away we went to pick up a friend on the way. She had injured herself playing soccer with her husband and son the day before so she couldn’t come with us but we stayed and had coffee and authentic Brazilian cheese puffs for breakfast, yum!.
By 11am we finally got going.
We had a good mix of people for this road trip; we had the driver (moi), the navigator, David, who was a local Melbournian and the conversation filler, Alan who talked almost the entire trip…in a good way.
We took pictures of the colourful change boxes at Rosebud, we ate lunch at the popular and picturesque Portsea Hotel (I had a poached salmon caesar salad, see above, yum), admired the large mansions in Sorrento, visited Arthur’s Seat and took some pictures of a sandcastle display from over the fence as we thought $9.50 was a steep entry fee!
On the way home, popped into 3 wineries to sample and purchase some local wine!.
I had a fantastic time.
Bring on another long weekend!
I had a fantastic time.
Bring on another long weekend!

2 Comments:
Great photos again (although I wish my friends would stop posting food shots!). And you only have a few weeks till Easter, so there're long weekends a-plenty!
Love those photos - I especially find food shots difficult and that one looks delicious even to a vegetarian!
Post a Comment
<< Home