Just call me Miss Popularity!
Normally I love Fridays, however last Friday was a day that I don't wish to repeat. The DPC was touted as a fantastic social environment with lots of activities planned, so far this has not happened!. So last week I thought I would do my bit and organise a Sunday breakfast, I invited about 10 people who I thought would be interested, four people said they would come and a lot of others said it was a great idea but couldn't make it that week, fair enough. I chose a cafe in Fitzroy, the food and atmosphere were good, although they were a bit slow with the coffees!.
So yesterday I sent out another email trying to organise a breakfast this Sunday, this time I only got two people who could make it, ok, I guess people are busy. However, when the 2 people who accepted found out that it was just the 3 of us, they decided it would be better if we postponed it until next week!. Okay now I'm offended, clearly I'm not interesting enough to have breakfast with. So now I'm throwing a hissie fit and refusing to organise any more breakfasts, there's only so much rejection I can handle in a month!.
The rest of the day wasn't much better, I had a team meeting after lunch, I was the designated minute taker, the meeting lasted for 2 and a half hours and resulted in 6 A4 pages of notes which I am going to have to write up on Monday, great!.
I realise that this post is extremely whingy and I apologise for that, its not very exciting reading but I was feeling crap and needed some irrational venting..

3 Comments:
Venting is what blogs are for :)
I'm a follower rather than leader when it comes to social events, which avoids rejection but at the (high) price of often being bored/lonely.
You are totally interesting enough to have breakfast with. Well, maybe lunch, speaking as someone not at his best at breakfast :)
I'd say give it a little time and then try again, perhaps with some different people, or at a different time.
Hey, this giving advice thing is easy! Much easier than doing anything...
Ah, was just thinking this morning how I miss have breaky with you. Esp since soccer season has finished. Kam and I went out for breakfast today, at about 12:30. Very civilised.
And yes, it's your blog and you're cry if you want to...
you were always such a crowd-puller in school em,.....can't understand what happened here!!? :-)
...but seriously -breakfast on Sunday MORNING!!....in the AM!! r u crazy! ..try brunch or lunch next time - u gotta remember that not everyone are new funky shoes wearing-newly made over-soul searching-latte drinking-netabll "playing"-jogging health nuts like you, em...
...give the a chance! ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home