Hello, here's me!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thundersticks and other stuff

So what’s happened since my last blog?
Went back to work on the 2nd, really wanted to chuck a sickie but felt bad and it would have been very suspicious. Within 20 minutes of sitting at my desk, felt like I hadn’t even been on holidays!
Friday night, went to the cinema and watched ‘The Holiday’, I was expecting to be disappointed as I had heard mixed reviews but I really enjoyed it, I recommend it to anyone after a good romantic girly movie.
Saturday night I went to watch an NBL game (basketball), had a fantastic time. Felt like I was in an American high school movie. I’ve got no idea what the rules are but there are an awful lot of time-outs….and it seemed weird to see only 5 players on the court. Plus the air-conditioning wasn’t working so the crowd sweated in the 30 degree heat along with the players….I felt like I was part of the action. The crowd was mainly made up of families, the kids were given these long thin balloon things (thundersticks) to bang together…..a bit annoying having them bashed in your ear while standing in the line to get in but great during the game!. Definitely going again.
Tuesday evening, went on a date, haven’t been on one in quite a while so it was an experience. I won’t elaborate further but I will say that dating is freaking stressful, it’s a bit like an interview, in fact I’ve been less nervous in job interviews than I was on Tuesday night!. If only it’s as cool in real life as it is on TV. Don’t think I got the job though!
Thursday night I got glam’d up at the hairdressers.
Tomorrow I’m off to Canberra (or Canby as my friend affectionately calls it) to catch up with friends and attend birthday celebrations. Look out Canberra.
Stay tuned for more exciting news next week….I know you’re riveted!

1 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Wow, your first basketball game? Cool! Try WNBL next, you'll like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home