It's not over yet
You probably thought I’d given up…well actually I had, but the universe decided to have a giggle at my expense and subject me to some physical pain to go with the emotional turmoil I’ve suffered over the last few weeks.
I had to do that dramatic build-up because the actual story isn’t really that interesting!.
I’ll keep you in suspense no longer.
I’ve signed up for a fun run!.
Yeah I don’t know what came over me either, in my defence, I had just eaten a big breakfast and I was lulled into submission by food and caffeine.
What happened was, I was socialising with some soccer friends I haven’t seen in a while (one I haven’t seen in probably 7 years) when one of them said that she was training for a fun run in March. Next thing I know I’ve blurted out “that sounds like fun, I might join you”. Oh my goodness, what was I thinking, I’ve done maybe 5 training runs around the local lake (none in the last 4 months!) and I thought I might need a hip replacement.
Now I have to confess that it's only 5kms, a mere warm-up jog for some serious runners but that’s a bloody long way for me!.
Ok must be off now, have to practice drinking water from plastic cups while in motion and out of breath....oh yes and running.

2 Comments:
Excellent! And good luck :) Glad to hear you've got a specific running goal.
zjcroft where aaaaaarrrrreeee you???? Out running?
Post a Comment
<< Home