Slight bump in the road
I wish my return to blogging could be on a more cheerful note but life’s just not that easy.
Life’s not that predictable either. One minute everything can be going along smoothly, you’re happy, there are no major obstacles ahead, then all of a sudden everything changes and you can never completely recapture the same life you had before.
This doesn’t necessarily have to be a bad thing, sometimes a crisis can result in positive changes and show sides of yourself that you didn’t know you had.
Over the past week I’ve discovered something about myself, that something relatively minor can scare the hell out of me and that it’s so easy to become complacent about your life and assume that nothing will change.
Since this is a public forum I don’t want to go into detail about what happened but I’ll just say that I’m worried about a family member and I’m now looking for somewhere else to live.
On its own moving house is stressful but generally not too traumatic. Combine this with a tense and upsetting family situation and the possibility of not having a job at the end of the year and it quickly becomes an extremely stressful time. What scares me most is that I didn’t see this coming and I wasn’t prepared (those few months at Girl Guides when I was 12 clearly didn’t teach me anything!).
Typically I’ve made more of a drama out of this than is probably warranted but underneath the drama there are things I have to do and luckily there is time to do them.
Its funny, I’ve just come back from a 3 day work off-site in the Yarra Valley, this was designed to give us a reward as we’ve all worked extremely hard over the past 12 months but also to ‘help us transition into the next phase of our careers outside of the DPC’, the last session was on coping with change and transition (surprise surprise) and from a work perspective I got nothing out of it but from a personal viewpoint it was really helpful. I’ve realised I’m currently in the ‘neutral zone’, a limbo state between the old reality and the new, a time when the old way is gone and the new way doesn’t feel comfortable yet, so I’m just going to have to sit it out and wait for a new and exciting beginning.

1 Comments:
Firstly, off-site = uggh :(
Secondly, the beauty of being in the neutral (or 'meh') zone is that you can choose whatever you want to launch towards, with no strong ties to what is right now. Scary but liberating!
Post a Comment
<< Home