Hello, here's me!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

TV Therapy

What I love about life is that it constantly throws weird stuff at you when you least expect it!. Last week I was feeling pretty low, I felt stupid at work, I was lonely and generally feeling crap. Lately I've been watching Sex and the City (god bless nan and her Foxtel), 3 episodes are screened every night from 7:30 to 8:30, a couple of days ago while watching these episodes I felt this weird connection to Carrie and the other girls on the show.
In one episode Charlotte was reading a book by the Dalai Lama after separating from her husband, a couple of months ago I was reading the same book while gong through my own relationship dramas.
In another episode Miranda meets a guy while training for a marathon and it makes me think, yeah I'll give that a go (the running bit not the marathon bit!), its a good way to meet people and get fit...I'll keep you posted on how that goes.
And finally, Carrie's laptop computer dies so she wraps it in a pashmina and takes it to be repaired. A couple of days later I find myself in a computer shop in Fitzroy with my laptop wrapped in a scarf and then encased in a woollies bag (ok that bit isn't very Sex and the City!)... The point of this tale is that after watching those episodes I felt considerably better, like I wasn't the only one who has issues who gets sad.
It was the cheapest therapy session I have ever had!

2 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Hey, BLOG! Yay!
Missing you heaps.
The scarf and woolies bag image is very funny. Let me be the first to say it: you need a computer bag of some sort!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Bertie Mabootoo said...

Welcome to blogsville!
I, too, am missing you, especially on Fridays when I end up actually working instead of chatting for 2 hours.
Looking forward to hearing more about your Melbourne life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home